Leinster Squad Training 2016
The Leinster training squads will commence in the NAC on Saturday September 17th, 2016. Information regarding the squad is outlined below:
Leinster Regional Training Squad:
(1) Female and Male athletes with 2 Irish Age Group qualifying times FROM 2016, consisting of either 400m or 800m or 1500m time plus a 200m form stroke OR 2 x 200m any strokes are eligible to apply.
(2) 2 x weekly sessions available (Sat PM 16.00 – 18.00, Sun AM 08.00 – 10.00)
(3) The goal of the training squad is to offer a way for athletes and their coaches to supplement their clubs training plans to assist in enhancing their development.
(4) The cost of the training squad is €200 for the season if attending both sessions.
Swimmers/coaches can decide to commit to 1 or 2 sessions depending on their club training timetable, stage of development and recommended overall hours needed to reach their individual goals. If attending only 1 session the cost is €100 for the season. An attendance of 90% is required. Test sets and attendance will be taken throughout the season. The weekly program from the swimmers home club must be submitted to demonstrate that there has been full attendance in the home program.
(5) In March 2017, after the Leinster LC meet, there will be a review of all swimmers to ensure progression towards the IAG times for 2017. It is expected that swimmers should have met these criteria if they have consistently trained with their home club and the Leinster training squad.
(6) To apply for this training squad, please fill in the form here and submit on line. Once the Leinster coach has approved the application, an email will be sent to both coach and swimmer and the Leinster treasurer will send an invoice to the clubs involved. PAYMENTS SHOULD ONLY BE MADE THROUGH YOUR CLUB FOLLOWING THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL.
Sunday afternoon training session 16.00 – 18.00
The Sunday afternoon lanes will be available for clubs to train squads of swimmers who, although have IAG times, do not make the qualifying criteria for Sat pm/Sun am squad, have Leinster Div 1/IAG Div 2 qualifying times.
Club coaches must attend and work together on the bank, with possibly one leading the session. There should be a maximum of 10 swimmers per lane and 20 swimmers per club, leaving 2 or 3 coaches on the bank. The cost is €50 per lane for a 2-hour session.
If your club is interested in hiring lanes for this Sunday afternoon session, applications should be sent to email@example.com . Lane allocations will then be made and clubs notified.
Please do not send payments to Leinster swimming until you have received an invoice from the Leinster treasurer, who will send them regularly throughout the season.
Leinster Team at the ASA National Summer Championships
A team of swimmers from Leinster travelled to the ASA British summer Championships which was held at Ponds Forge International sports centre in Sheffield from the 1st to the 5th of August 2016. The 3 swimmers on the team, Sean Scannell from Kilkenny SC, Naomi Trait also from Kilkenny SC and Cara Osing from Templeogue SC, all travelled with the team from Munster to the event. Our sincere thanks to Mary Corby, Munster TM and Coach Cormac Powell for looking after and supporting our swimmers. The whole team had great success with the 3 Leinster swimmers all winning medals at the event. The results can be found here. A selection of photos can be found here.
Congratulations to Sean, Naomi and Cara on such fantastic achievements.
Please note that Qualifying athletes must remain with the team for the full event and financial assistance will also be available.
Leinster team storm Sheffield as they arrive for the start of British Age Group & Youth Championship Click here for a photo. Click here for a photo of the Leinster Youths Team.
Report on British Age Group (BAG) and Youth Championships 2013 Click here for a Report on British Age Group (BAG) and Youth Championships 2013
Click here for a BAG photo. Click here for a photo of the Leinster Youths Team.